Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Board games
Unless your homeland is Romania, there is no need to feel stupid
Every word a world
(I feel rusty, having not posted in a while)

Mmm, I've always been an avid gamer and played a lot of these, but here are a few of my favorites (this is by no means an exhaustive list):

Classic boardgames (published in the 80's or earlier):
  • Clue (a.k.a. ClueDo) ***
  • Payday
  • Risk (most iterations) *
  • Stratego
  • The Game of Life
Other/Recent boardgames:
  • A Touch of Evil **
  • Bloodbowl (the last boxed set edition)
  • Descent - Journeys in the Dark (2nd Edition) **
  • Fortune & Glory ***
  • Junta *
  • Last Night on Earth
  • Mansions of Madness **
  • Runebound (2nd Edition) *
  • Space Hulk
  • Star Wars Imperial Assault ***
  • Warhammer Quest
  • Zombies!
I know some titles in the list could be considered boardgame/RPG hybrids, but there you have it Wink

Cheers,

Ivan
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
(05-08-2016, 03:54 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: Unless your homeland is Romania, there is no need to feel stupid

Philippines...
Let's see the bright sight of this world!
Added another one to the arsenal and it's been pretty good so far. Merchants and Marauders. Except the fuckin pirates kept killing me >Sad
(05-08-2016, 03:54 PM)RP_RICK Wrote: Unless your homeland is Romania, there is no need to feel stupid
Hmm, Rick, it sounds like we are stupid if we are from Romania! Smile
[Image: NDPLBU9.png]
(05-09-2016, 10:29 AM)Vrook Wrote:
Hmm, Rick, it sounds like we are stupid if we are from Romania! Smile

LOL Vrook.. context Tongue

And i see you like the Big games Ivan!
Nice collection
Every word a world
(05-09-2016, 10:31 AM)RP_RICK Wrote: And i see you like the Big games Ivan!
Nice collection

Thanks Rick Smile

Sometimes I think I've sold my soul to FFG and FFP... they have a lot of excellent games. Usually, the more abstract a game is, the less I will be inclined to play it (i.e., forget games like checkers or Sorry!).

I also like it when a game strikes the right balance between rule complexity and ease of play; those that provide a certain amount of storytelling or roleplaying potential are also favorites of mine.
"Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals."
The Goddess -
(05-09-2016, 11:34 AM)IvanXLIV Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 10:31 AM)RP_RICK Wrote: And i see you like the Big games Ivan!
Nice collection

Thanks Rick Smile

Sometimes I think I've sold my soul to FFG and FFP... they have a lot of excellent games. Usually, the more abstract a game is, the less I will be inclined to play it (i.e., forget games like checkers or Sorry!).

I also like it when a game strikes the right balance between rule complexity and ease of play; those that provide a certain amount of storytelling or roleplaying potential are also favorites of mine.

Now your only missing Twilight Emperium, War of the Ring... Tongue
Every word a world
Lords of Waterdeep, Munchkin, Love Letter are some of my favorite board games. Some are short other can take hours.

If you are interested in seeing cool games I recommend you to watch this playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...0zbD4YuPOF
(04-30-2016, 09:44 AM)Dudegrey Wrote: Was into Heroscape for awhile. Still some stuff I'd like to get, but discontinued miniatures ain't the cheapest.

Still cheaper than Arkham Horror which I only bought because Cthulhu Mythos.

scrabble is cool and Mile Bornes